Types Of Visas You Can Apply For If You Wish To Move To Uk

Types Of Visas You Can Apply For If You Wish To Move To Uk

UK is one of the top destinations people choose to migrate to, from across the world. Promising job opportunities, pollution-free environment, quality life, and safety are some of the reasons that make them take this decision. If you are planning to migrate to UK, the first thing you need to do is find out how to apply for a UK visa.

There are two types of UK visas you can apply for: Tier 1 Visas and Tier 2 Visas. While Tier 1 Visa is for entrepreneurs, Tier 2 Visa is a general work visa that anyone who wants to work in UK can apply for.

Tier 1 Visa

Tier 1 Visa will help you set up a new company or buy an existing company in UK. Nevertheless, you need to be a high net-worth entrepreneur to invest in a business in UK. There are two categories in Tier 1 Visa: Start-Up Visa and Innovator Visa.

To apply for a Startup Visa, you need to demonstrate that you have enough funds to support yourself during the initial days of stay in UK. You must be above 18 years of age and should meet the English requirements. A startup visa will help you establish a new business in UK.

You can apply for an innovator visa if you wish to set up a new business or buy an existing business in UK. However, you will have to get your business idea endorsed by an approved body in the country. Anyone outside Switzerland and EEA (European Economic Area) can apply for an innovator visa as long as they have £50,000 to invest.  The other eligibility requirements are the same as those of Startup Visa.

Tier 2 Visa

Skilled workers who can address the labor skills shortage needs of UK can apply for a Tier 2 Visa as long as they are from outside Switzerland and EEA (European Economic Area). However, to be eligible for this, you should have got a job offer from a company in UK and you should have scored enough points to qualify for a Tier 2 visa.

You will also need a sponsorship from a legitimate UK employer to reside permanently in the country. Your sponsor might want to check how well you qualify for the job and the visa before assigning you the certificate of sponsorship. He might also want to know your salary details.

The certificate of sponsorship will mention the date on which you can start working in the UK. You will have to apply for the Tier 2 Visa at least three months before this date. It takes about three weeks to process your visa.

You can move to the UK 14 days before the start date mentioned on your certificate of sponsorship. The maximum period you can stay is 5 years and 14 days after which you will have to renew your visa.

You might want to know more about 10 year long residence rule abolished before applying for the visa. Do your homework and find out what are the chances of you getting the visa, before submitting your application and paying the fees.